One of the major objectives of the West Coast Pops Orchestra is to provide exciting opportunities for youth in Southern California.
These programs are varied and reach out directly to Southern California K-12 schools and students. The following are some examples of such programs.
- Side-by-side rehearsals and performances with the professional orchestra
- Interactive school clinics by various small groups such as brass, woodwinds, strings, percussion.
- Youth Scholarship Apprentice Program (Season perform with WCPO)
- Young Artist Concerto Performance (Performance vocal or instrumental solo with WCPO)
- Open Rehearsal for Middle & High School music ensemble students
- High School Concert Volunteers to support WCPO events
Note: Community hour credits are available to those students who qualify.
These programs are 100% funded by grants from institutions that support the arts and the generosity of supportive patrons.
If you have a passion for these types of programs, please contact us for additional information on how you can support and sponsor an event.